In recent years wheatgrass has become a big ‘trend’ as juice bars worldwide sell shots of wheatgrass alongside freshly made juices and smoothies.
Wheatgrass, along with barleygrass, kamut grass and many other alkalising greens, are loved by the body as they create an alkaline environment for your cells, creating greater energy, vitality, clarity and general overall health and wellbeing.
You don’t have to have a pure juice ‘shot’ from a juice bar though for the benefits. You can grow and juice your own or get wheatgrass powder and add to your home made juices and smoothies. If you buy the powder, you do get what you pay for so do some research and go for the best, organic powder you can afford (I get mine from www.saferemedies.net).
8 Amazing Facts about Wheatgrass
- A wheatgrass shot is said to have the same level of vitamins, minerals and enzymes as 1kg of green leafy vegetables.
- A shot contains every single trace mineral known (apart from one) in a raw, liquid bio-available form.
- Wheatgrass is an excellent source of chlorophyll making it one of nature’s amazing natural blood purifiers.
- It’s a great source of potassium which helps your muscles and nerves to function properly, maintain the proper electrolyte and acid-base balance in your body, and helps lower your risk of high blood pressure.
- Wheatgrass is an excellent source of absorbable and utilisable calcium. It contains very little oxalic acid so the calcium remains usable, making it extremely good for people suffering from arthritis, rheumatism, osteoporosis etc.
- Wheatgrass is 40% liquid protein or ‘amino acids’ (the building blocks for protein), this helps to build cells, repair tissues, combat invading bacteria and viruses, carry oxygen through the body and is a good source of live enzymes.
- Based on the many studies that have been done about wheatgrass it has been proven to assist in the repair of DNA, enhance the immune system, destroy cancer cells, reduce cholesterol, prevent inflammation and enhance stamina and endurance.
- Livestrong.com even state that people who regularly drink wheatgrass juice report increased energy. This increase in energy may help you workout longer and harder while burning more calories in the process.
I teaspoon of dry powder in some juice once a day is all you need to help restore your health and vitality!
What’s stopping you? Go green today!